Why I Love - Unconditional Love

I read a quote recently that went along the lines of 'if you can't see yourself then you can't be yourself'. It was about the importance of representation in cinema. I think the same theory applies to music. If you can't hear people singing songs to, or about, the same group as you then how can you ponder and work out how to grow and develop, to figure out your place in that community?

So I'm a little bit in love with this EP of six artists all singing songs that have same gender titles and lyrics. From Bob Dylan to St.Vincent and Kesha this is a little collection of love songs that have been queered up.

Hit play and enjoy.


Comments

  1. Thank you 💜💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get asked - where do you hear about new music , and you are one of he people I point to, great songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to this and it's wonderful - every track is great but I think the Bob Dylan is my favourite - so absolutely charming! Love it - thank you for sharing.

    Also, to your broader point, yes and yes and yes. I think there's something here too around challenging the cultural norm of the idea of a default person that any other form of representation is some variation of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love music, it’s something that I think about an awful lot. Playlists. Music that fits a moment. When I was writing all my stories had a soundtrack to them. I’m a visual person but music gives them life especially when I see myself in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Sam, music gives us the spark of creativity, either in art or in live.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts