For Your Consideration: Playlists

What we are gonna do right here, is go back, way back.

So, these songs and this playlist reminds me of the following - Top of the Pops, my 9th Birthday anthem (Nevada Rollerskating Ring Bolton), a school trip to Wales, Wendy James and a first crush, posters on my wall, John Bender and English classes in H Block. Some are obvious links, some not and I know the words to all of them…..

1980 – 1989 we are in you;

Soul II Soul – Back to Life
Roachford – Cuddy Toy
NenĂ©h Cherry – Buffalo Stance
Blondie – Atomic
Human League – Don’t you want me?
Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse of the Heart
Madonna – Into the Groove
Transvision Vamp – Baby I don’t care
Erasure – A little Respect
Communards – Don’t leave me this way
A Flock of Seagulls – I Ran
Take on Me – A-HA
Cyndi Lauper – Good Enough
Tiffany – I think we’re alone now
Simple Minds – Don’t you… forget about me
Fleetwood MAC – Everywhere
Eurythmics – Thorn in my Side
De La Soul – The Magic Number
Bros – When will I be famous?
Madonna – Papa Don’t Preach
Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something’s gotta hold on my heart…
Nena – 99 LuftBalloons
Artwork by me..


Comments

  1. Back into Rhyme?

    So many great choons on this list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many that I’ve considered doing part 2!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts